Everyone has days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.