Everyone has times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.