Everyone has times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.