“The artist … must first will freedom within himself and universally; he must try to conquer it.”
“We made the world we’re living in and we have to make it over,” Jame…
A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.