A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.