A lot of people have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.