A lot of folks have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.