A lot of people have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.