People have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies show that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.