People have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.