“Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.” ~Unknown
We are all on a mission to be the best we can be, to be happy, to have the perfect house, family, partner, and job. To complete our to-do list, to complete out bucket list, to make our parents p…
A lot of people have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.