In praise of “vigorous ablutions with cold water, a scrupulous regard for personal cleanliness, and daily walks immediately after the midday meal.”
Our popular imagination tends to cast creative …
People have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.