People have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.