I just sent out a newsletter. Here is what I experienced the entire time I was working:
1. Shortness of breath.
2. Felt like my heart was in my throat- literally- like a lump.
7. Anger that I have to go through this CRAP
Everyone has days when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.