Some argue that professionals shouldn’t question Trump’s mental health, mostly comparing him to anyone else (Stop Speculating on President Donald Trump’s Mental Health). For example, I wouldn’t want, nor would I think it was appropriate, for a mental health professional to make judgments about my mental health based solely on my public actions. But then again, I’m not The President of the United States. And that makes the situation just a wee bit different. It’s because of this th…
People have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.