“Little people (children) can teach us big people an awful lot if we just listen.”
– John F. Crowley
John F. Crowley is the Chairman and CEO of Amicus Therapeutics, a publicly traded biotechnology company, which he helped to found in 2005 and is no…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.