A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.