A lot of people have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.