A lot of people have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.