People have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.