A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.