People have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.