An evocative homage to one of humanity’s most human heroes by the great Hungarian graphic artist and animator Marcell Jankovics.
Standing among the most memorable heroes of Greek mythology is Sisyphus — the prince whose moral foibles Zeus punished by dooming him to roll a boulder up a hill eternally, the rock rolling back down each time Sisyphus manages to muscle it to the top. In the millennia since, his myth has permeated the fabric of culture, most famously by inspiring Albert…
A lot of people have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies show that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.