A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.