This is a guest post by Kyle Barichello at Choose Your Wellness, a fantastic site that’s about inspiring people to advance their wellness and create a more fulfilling life. Check it out!
My wife and I see our frequent 4-10 hour car rides, countless dog walks, and moments before bed as moments that provide tremendous opportunity to deepen our relationsh…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.