A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.