A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.