Tony Robbins’ New Book Kicks Fear to the Curb and Empowers Us to Act
I read a story last week about workplace productivity in decline after the election. Employees are struggling to stay focused on their work. Why?
Anxiety. The American Psychological Association conducts regular polls to track stress levels a…
People have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.