Everyone has times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.