A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.