Coming to you from a late night in rural Japan, this is a special edition of The Random Show.
Per usual for The Random Show, I am joined by Kevin Rose (@KevinRose), serial entrepreneur, world-class investor, and all around wild and crazy guy. We discuss Japan and how to do i…
People have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.