A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.