A lot of people have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.