Everyone has times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies show that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.