People have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.