Everyone has days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.