A lot of people have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.