A lot of people have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.