Click here f…
Everyone has times when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.