Everyone has days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.