Everyone has times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.