A lot of people have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.