I was recently asked why it’s so hard for us to get out of bed and just take a darn walk around the block when we are depressed. We KNOW we will feel better. Why can’t we do this, darn it!?
Here is my answer.
If your goal is to get out of bed and take a walk to feel better and get on with the day- t…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.