An animated invitation to inhabit a rare neurological crossing of the senses.
“Music is at once the most wonderful, the most alive of all the arts,” Susan Sontag wrote in one of the most beautiful meditations on the power of music, “and the most sensual.” Indeed, music beckons to multiple of our senses, which is why Helen Keller, deaf and bl…
A lot of people have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.