“I do not fix problems. I fix my thinking. Then problems fix themselves.” ~ Louise Hay
Looking back on my life, I came to understand that perfection was my worst enemy. I was raised in an environment of high expectation, and every day in school felt like I was competing with others and fighting to be the best in class.<...
A lot of folks have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.