People have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.