A lot of folks have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.