A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.