Everyone has times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.