Everyone has times when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.